5 Signs You Need an Inspection By Our Brisbane Electricians

Seeing sparks when plugging an appliance into an outlet poses a potential fire risk to your property.

When was the last time your home or commercial property underwent an inspection by an electrician? All electrical outlets require regular maintenance and checks, even if you suspect nothing is wrong. It’s better to be safe than sorry, and posing a hazard to yourself and other residents. If you do suspect there is an issue, there are a few key signs you should be looking out for before hiring our Brisbane electricians.

You Notice Sparks

Seeing sparks when plugging an appliance into an outlet poses a potential fire risk to your property. Large sparks that are either white or yellow are not normal and indicates there is something wrong with your power outlet.

There are a few reasons for sparks. There may be moisture or water in the outlet, loose wiring and worn out or broken outlets. Improper outlet installation can also lead to sparks. So, it is recommended to always use fully qualified Brisbane electricians who ensure quality and professional work to inspect and repair your outlets.

You Experience an Electrical Shock

Have you ever experienced a shock when touching a door handle after walking across the carpet? This is what’s known as a static shock. But, this type of shock should never be confused with an electric shock. Electric shocks are caused by contact with live electricity that sends an electric current through the body. This can sometimes lead to serious injuries. Repeated shocks when touching an outlet or an appliance could mean there is a wiring issue. If you experience an electric shock, call an experienced Brisbane electrician as soon as possible.

Your Lights Are Flickering

Another common sign that you need an inspection is flickering lights. It may be because the lightbulb is not secure enough, or it can often indicate a more serious electrical issue such as an overloaded circuit or faulty wiring. If you experience flickering or dimming lights, first check that none of the affected bulbs are loose. Then schedule an appointment with our Brisbane electricians to check your electrical system.

There’s Burning Smell

Never ignore a burning smell while using an appliance or electrical outlet. Some new appliances may give off a light oil smell during their first few times of use. However, if it persists, there may be an issue with your electrical wiring. This smell can quickly escalate to a fire, so make sure to unplug and stop using the appliance or outlet immediately and schedule an electrical inspection.

Too Many Extension Cords

Lots of appliances and not enough power outlets? A quick fix for many is to use extension cords. This might be a temporary way to provide power, however, in the long run, it is not the safest option. Aside from creating a tripping hazard, extension cords can result in an electrical shortening or outlet overload. It might be a good idea to have one of our Brisbane electricians review your current electrical system and provide outlet solutions for your home.

Call Our Brisbane Electricians to Organise Your Electrical Inspection

Do some of these signs sound familiar? Now is the time to stop ignoring them and call an electrician to come and inspect your home. At Evergreen, our Brisbane electricians cover all areas of Brisbane and will arrive at your property fast! Give us a call on 1300 353 232 to book an electrical inspection.

Would you like to get a free quote for a solar system for your home?

Select Your System